PULLMAN RESIDENCES NEWTON
Freehold Branded Private Residences
The Pullman Residences condo is a new freehold residential development along Dunearn Road, close to Newton Road. This is District 11, one of the top three residential districts of Singapore. Pullman Residences Newton sits within this exclusively private housing enclave, surrounded by upscale condominiums, landed homes, and Good Class Bungalows.
The Pullman Residences site has to be one of the most attractive among the new launches in the Newton / Novena / Bukit Timah area. It is just off Newton Circus, on the fringe of Orchard Road and roughly 150 metres or 3 minutes walk from Newton MRT Interchange station. Land so close to Newton station is limited, making Pullman Residences Newton one of best placed sites in the area.
This is a good mid-size piece of land, on which will be built a 34-storey luxury condominium with 340 apartment ranging from one to four bedroom apartments. New freehold condominiums of anywhere near this size are not too common, and generally favoured over the more easily found small projects of less than a hundred units. They usually offer more facilities, and better resale values.
The immediate surrounding, especially south of Pullman Residences Newton, is quite open. So this new high-rise development will get views to the city skyline as well.
Benefits from the Pullman Branding
Pullman Residence Newton is a branded luxury condominium under Accor’s Pullman brand. Along with that comes certain perks.
- Hospitality Services like a doorman, an attendant at the club lounge, and concierge services.
- Concierge services such as arranging housekeeping, breakfast service, booking of personal trainers, or vacation planning, on an ad-hoc basis.
- Buyers will be accorded “platinum status” for LeClub AccorHotels membership. This grants them special privileges when staying in any Accor property in the Asia-Pacific. Including free breakfast, early check-in and late check-out, VIP service, and LeClub AccorHotels customer care.
- This platinum status will be valid from date of purchase to three years after notice of vacant possession of the unit. After this, Pullman Residences Newton owners can opt to continue to enjoy platinum status, by paying an annual fee.
Register interest or request details here.
Background to the Pullman Residences Condo
The plot of land that the Pullman Residence condo sits on was previously occupied by Dunearn Gardens. In April 2018, EL Development – the property arm of construction firm Evan Lim Group – bought over Dunearn Gardens for $468 million in a collective, or en bloc sale.
The sale price, together with the development charge payable of about $43.6 million, works out to a land cost of around $1,914 PSF. EL Development paid this fairly high price for the Pullman Residences Newton site in expectation that it would appeal to both investors & owner-occupiers, given its plum position on the city fringe.
Especially since the Newton area tends to enjoy healthy rental demand, due to its proximity to shops, wining and dining places, established and renowned schools, and the Central Business District.
Of particular interest to families with young boys is the fact that Pullman Residences Newton is within 1 km of Anglo-Chinese School (Primary) at Barker Road, Anglo-Chinese School (Junior) at Winstedt Road, and St Joseph’s Institution Junior at Essex Road.
The Newton-Dunearn area has always ranked among Singapore’s top residential districts. It fringes Orchard Road and is within the Core Central Region . This estate comprises mainly of a mixture of upmarket condominiums along the main roads, with private landed housing estates sprawling behind them.
Given its proximity to Orchard Road 5 minutes drive via Scotts Road, Pullman Residence does not lack for amenities a short drive or one train station away. The Orchard Road shopping belt needs no introduction, and provides a wealth of shopping, dining, and night-life options.
There is also Newton Road Food Centre across Newton Circus, well-known for its hawker fare. While notoriously a tourist trap, locals can still get a good meal at generally acceptable prices. Or you could opt for air-conditioned comfort at Sheraton Towers Hotel, 6 to 7 minutes walk down Scotts Road.
Register interest or request details here.
|Name||Pullman Residences Newton|
|Developer||EL Development (Horizon) Pte Ltd|
|Status||Condominium (Foreigners eligible to buy)|
|Address||18 Dunearn Road Singapore 309421|
|Tenure||Estate in Fee Simple (Freehold)|
|Site Area||8,866.9 m² (95,443 sq ft)|
|Floor Area||24,827.3 m² (267,240 sq ft)|
|T.O.P. Date||31 December 2023|
|No. of Storeys||34|
|Ceiling Heights||Typical Units are 2.875m high; Penthouse Units are 4m high|
|No. of Units||340|
|Car Park Spaces||340|
|Description||1 block of 30 storey residential development with 5 levels of multi storey and basement car park|
|Architect||ADDP Architects LLP|
|M&E Engineers||Conteem Engineers Pte Ltd|
|C&S Engineers||E2000 Pte Ltd|
|Quantity Surveyor||Evan Lim & Co. Pte Ltd|
|Landscape Architect||Coen Design International Pte Ltd|
|Main Contractor||Evan Lim & Co. Pte Ltd|
|Showflat ID||Design Inck Pte Ltd|
|Project Account||UNITED OVERSEAS BANK LIMITED FOR PROJECT ACCOUNT NO. 451-309-510-9 OF EL DEVELOPMENT (HORIZON) PTE. LTD.|
DISCLAIMER ON TRADEMARK OF “PULLMAN” BRAND
“Pullman Residences Newton” (“Residences”) is not owned, developed, or sold by AAPC Singapore Pte. Ltd. or its affiliates. EL Development (Horizon) Private Limited, a limited company organized under the laws of Singapore with its registered office at 11 Mandai Estate, #12-01 ELDIX, Singapore 729908 (“Licensee”) and EL Development Private Limited (“Project Manager”), are independently owned and operated and are solely responsible for the ownership, development, and operation of the Residences.
Licensee and Project Manager use the “Pullman” brand name and certain “Pullman” trademarks pursuant to a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license from AAPC Singapore Pte. Ltd. Under certain circumstances, the license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms in which case neither the individual residential units (“Units”) nor any part of the Residences will be identified as a “Pullman” branded project or have any rights to use the “Pullman” trademarks. AAPC Singapore Pte. Ltd. does not make any representations or guarantees with respect to the Units or the Residences and is not responsible for Licensee’s or Project Manager’s marketing practices including this website, advertising, and sales representations.
PULLMAN RESIDENCES FLOOR PLANS
Please drop us your contact details via the Form below if you would like the full set of Pullman Residence floor plans to be emailed to you.
EXAMPLE FLOOR PLANS
PULLMAN RESIDENCES SITE PLAN
As can be seen from the Google map and aerial view above, the Pullman Residence site enjoys some relatively open views. It is an almost rectangular shaped parcel of land set in a north-east / south-west orientation, with its eastern corner lopped off.
It is flanked by similar high-rise condominiums like Newton One, Trilight, and Gilstead TWO, with a fair bit of breathing space between them.
Other than that, the outlook to the south-west overlooking Newton MRT station, and to the north-west overlooking landed housing, are unobstructed. So higher floor south-facing units could get views to the Orchard Road skyline. While high floor north-west facing units may get views of the nature reserves beyond the landed estate.
Even low floor units at Pullman Residences Newton will get some pretty nice views. Whether of its own pool and landscaping, or of neighbouring gardens and pools. And generally, lower floor units are more affordable too.
PULLMAN RESIDENCES SHOWFLAT · VIEWING
The Pullman Residences Newton showflat is now taking viewing appointments. Please do call or drop your contact details in the Form below if you wish to view the showflat.
. Cooker Hob, Hood and Oven from Gaggenau
. Fridge and Washer / Dryer from Bosch
. WC and Wash Basin from Duravit
. Faucets and Shower Sets from Grohe
PULLMAN RESIDENCES PRICES · UNIT TYPES
UNIT TYPES . SIZES
|Unit Description||Type||No. of
|3 Bedroom + Study||C||29||119||1,281|
|Total Number of Units||340|
Floor areas stated includes any Voids, Patios, Balconies, Terraces, A/C Ledges.
THE PULLMAN RESIDENCES PRICE RANGES
Pullman Residences pricing status as at 16 November 2019: one bedroom units start from $1.341M up. The 2 bedders start from $1.87M up, the 3 bedders from $3.231M, and the 4 bedders from $3.81M.
Just let us know via the Contact Form if you wish to have the prices of specific units.
The Pullman Residences Newton site is that of the former Dunearn Gardens, comprising three adjoining blocks spanning a land area of 95,443 sq ft. The site is zoned for residential use under the URA Master Plan.
It was sold in a collective deal to a fully owned subsidiary of EL Development on 22 April 2018, for SGD$468 million.
In addition to the purchase price, a development charge of about $43.6 million was payable to redevelop the site to a plot ratio of 2.8. This equates to a maximum gross floor area of 267,240 sq ft.
All in, it translates to a land rate of around $1,914 PSF PPR (per sq ft per plot ratio). After adding in development, construction, financing and marketing costs, as well as overheads, we could possibly be looking at a breakeven of about SGD$2,500 PSF.
Hence could sell possibly in the region of around $2,7xx to $2,8xx PSF, depending on the discounts offered at the Preview. This is in line with recent new freehold launches in the Bukit Timah neighbourhood.
Pullman Residences Singapore is being developed by EL Development Pte Ltd, a real estate development and investment company based in Singapore.
EL Development started out as a small business unit within Evan Lim & Co. Pte Ltd, one of Singapore’s leading construction companies that has been in operation since May 1980.
In late 2006, the company sold out its first high end residential project, Rhapsody on Mount Elizabeth, within 6 weeks. Flushed from that success, the company launched its first industrial development, Nordix, in early 2007. Nordix comprised multi-user strata titled terrace factories in Woodlands, and also sold out within 2 months.
As the business unit grew in size and strength, it was hived off as a separate company, EL Development, in June 2007 to focus exclusively on the property development sector. It has since completed numerous property development and redevelopment projects. From private en bloc to government land sales sites, covering over 3,000 residential and industrial units.
Their recent projects have garnered a number of property awards. Such as La Fiesta (FIABCI Singapore Property Awards 2018), Parc Riviera (Asia Pacific Property Awards 2018-2019 for Best Residential High-Rise Architecture), Symphony Suites (Asia Pacific Property Awards 2018-2019, Award Winner for Architecture Multiple Residence).
Other previous projects include SkySuites 17, Steven Suites, Illuminaire on Devonshire, Trivelis, Rosewood Suites, and Parc Centennial.
PULLMAN RESIDENCES LOCATION · FEATURES
- Location. The Pullman Residence location is in the upscale Newton / Bukit Timah enclave. From here it is approximately 5 minutes drive to Orchard Road. Or 15 minutes to the central business and financial districts of Raffles Place, Shenton Way, and Marina Bay. This location should appeal to both owner-occupiers and investors.
- Nearest MRT Stations. The Pullman Residences location is less than 150 metres, or 3 minutes walk to Newton MRT interchange station that joins the Downtown and North-South lines. This means there are lots of places you can get to directly. Such as Chinatown, Bugis, Bayfront, Tampines, Orchard Road, Raffles Place, and Marina Bay.
Shops, Banks, F&B, Supermarkets, Hotels. The Pullman Residence location is very close to the Orchard Road shopping belt, a 1.4km walk for those who are so inclined. If not, it is one train stop from Newton to Orchard Station, or a 5 minute drive away.
Orchard Road’s bustling boulevard is a dining and shopper’s haven that draws both locals and tourists alike, with over 5,000 establishments offering a wide range of experiences. From luxury retail, to international world-class cuisines, to trendy cafes and street apparel stores. Interspersed with food courts and fast food joints, supermarkets and salons, banks and art galleries, an Apple Centre, a wealth of electronic gadgetry. And a vibrant street scene that almost never sleeps.
- Lifestyle & Nature. If nature and greenery appeal to you, or you want a refreshing walk, there is the Singapore Botanic Gardens close by. Even without driving, it is pretty convenient to get to. The Botanic Gardens MRT station on the doorstep of the park is a couple of stops from Newton station.
Here we have a lovely green sanctuary in the midst of the city, that is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. This 150-year-old garden is an important botanical institute, with a wonderful plant collection of worldwide significance.
Schools. This is a good place too for families with young children. There are three branded boys’ schools within 1 km radius: Anglo-Chinese School Junior (Winstedt Road), St Joseph’s Institution Junior, and Anglo-Chinese School Primary (Barker Road).
For girls, we have St Margaret’s Primary at Wilkie Road, and the Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, within a 2 km radius. And for pre-schoolers, we have Etonhouse Pre-School a short walk up Newton Road.
Not to mention all the schools and academic institutes that line the education belt of Bukit Timah, and are directly accessible by the MRT.
- Accessibility. In addition to being 5 minutes drive from Orchard Road, and 15 minutes from the CBD, the Pullman Residences location is quite accessible to the expressways. Off-peak, it takes less than 5 minutes to get onto the CTE (Central Expressway), which leads to the rest of the expressway network.
- 1 to 3 Mins Walk to MRT
- 10 to 12 Mins Walk to MRT
- 13 to 15 Mins Walk to MRT
- 16 to 18 Mins Walk to MRT
- 19 to 21 Mins Walk to MRT
- 22 to 24 Mins Walk to MRT
- 25 to 27 Mins Walk to MRT
- 28 to 30 Mins Walk to MRT
- 31 to 33 Mins Walk to MRT
- 34 to 36 Mins Walk to MRT
- 37 to 39 Mins Walk to MRT
- 4 to 6 Mins Walk to MRT
- 7 to 9 Mins Walk to MRT
- Deferred Payment Scheme
- Dual Key Units
- Luxury High-End Project
- Near Park / Nature Reserve
- Near Reservoir
- Near Shopping Mall
- Near Sports Complex
- Near to City
- Normal Payment Scheme
- Payment Scheme
- Prime District
- Progressive Payment Scheme
- Proximity to Primary School
- Sale by Private Treaty
- Sea / Water Views
- Special Discounts
- Special Features
- Star Buys
- Walk to MRT
- Within 1KM of Ai Tong Primary School
- Within 1KM of Anglo Chinese Primary School (Barker Road)
- Within 1KM of Catholic High
- Within 1KM of Cedar Girls Primary School
- Within 1KM of CHIJ Primary School (Toa Payoh)
- Within 1KM of Holy Innocents Primary School
- Within 1KM of Kong Hwa Primary School
- Within 1KM of Maris Stella
- Within 1km of Methodist Girls' Primary School
- Within 1KM of Nan Chiau Primary School
- Within 1KM of Nan Hua Primary School
- Within 1KM of Nanyang Primary School
- Within 1KM of Ngee Ann Primary School
- Within 1KM of Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' Primary School
- Within 1KM of Raffles Girls Primary School
- Within 1KM of River Valley Primary School
- Within 1KM of Rosyth Primary School
- Within 1KM of Singapore Chinese Girls' Primary School
- Within 1KM of SJI Junior
- Within 1KM of St Andrews Primary School
- Within 1KM of Tao Nan Primary School